This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Situated in the historic village of Corbridge, Peartree House is the perfect place to stay whether you are visiting for business or leisure. Located on the edge of the village we are a 5–7 minute walk of the Market Place, shops, pubs and restaurants. The route to the centre of the village is mostly flat with a sort, slight incline. We offer two double/twin bedrooms on the first floor with ensuite shower/WC. There is a 250mm step up into the shower. For breakfast we use locally sourced ingredients and cater for varying dietary requirements. We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone 01434 632223 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is NE45 5JN to get directions
- The nearest railway station is Corbridge, which is 1.5 km (1.0 miles) away (a 20-30 minute walk). If you require a taxi this can be booked in advance, call Geoff on 01434 634006
- The nearest bus stop is 0.8km (1/2 mile) from the B&B. Corbridge is serviced by: 685 Newcastle to Carlisle operated by Arriva 684 Newcastle to Hexham operated by Travelnortheast No 10Newcastle to Hexham via Metrocentre and Prudhoe operated by Gonortheast.
Car Parking and Arrival
- There is one parking space on the driveway at the back of the house approximately 20m from the front door. Other free parking is available close by.
- The area around the parking space is macadam with a cobbled path leading to the front door of the house. The paths are lit by nearby street lighting but we cannot say that it is well lit.
- There is one step up to the front door which is 810mm wide
- Guests are welcomed in the hallway, which is level throughout. The floor surface is a non-slip, wood effect vinyl.
- Seating is available in the adjacent breakfast room
- The area is evenly and well lit with overhead lighting
- A magnifying glass, pen and pad of paper are available on request
- Guests are shown the breakfast room and are taken up to their room and given room and front door keys
- We have two rooms on the first floor which can be configured as twin or king size double beds
- The doors to the bedrooms are 730mm wide
- The height of the beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 620mm
- Rooms are bright and evenly lit by overhead lighting controlled by a switch and bedside lamps are in each room
- Both rooms have non-feather bedding, and televisions with remote control, subtitles, and audio description facilities
- Colour contrast between wall, floors and doors is adequate
- Both rooms have ensuite showers, WC and wash basins
- Door opening to the shower rooms is 730mm
- There is one 240mm step up to the shower
- The toilet height is 400mm and the the wash basin height is 740mm
- The Wash basin taps are cross headed and the shower has a lever operated flow control and a knob operated temperature control
- We are sorry but we do not currently have grab rails in the shower room and colour contrast is poor
- The shower room are well lit with a fluorescent fitting
Guest Areas – Hall, Stair and Landing
- All areas are well lit
- The hall flooring is a high quality slip resistant, timber effect vinyl. The stairs are carpeted
- There is a flight of 13 stairs up to a quarter landing with a handrail to one side. There is then a further single step up to the bedroom doors
- The breakfast room is situated on the ground floor with a level entry from the hall
- Door opening to the breakfast room is 730mm
- The room is well lit with an overhead fitting and a spot light above the buffet area
- The flooring is a high quality slip resistant, timber effect vinyl
- We are able to cater for varying dietary requirements. Please advise us when making a booking.
- The nearest Shopmobility is 17 miles away in the Gateshead Metrocentre Tel 0191 4932383
- The nearest General Hospital with an A&E unit is 4 miles away at Hexham and the nearest Doctor’s surgery is ½ mile away. Please let us know if you require further information about these.
- Free WiFi Internet access is available
- To contact Jan or Doug in a night time emergency please ring the bell in the breakfast room
Address: Peartree House, Roman Way, Corbridge, Northumberland, NE45 5JN
Telephone: 01434 632223
Hours of Operation: Year round except for Christmas Day and Boxing Day